Back to business
We are open for business
As we step into a new decade and the new year we look forward to abundance of inspiration and opportunity as we continue working together with our customers and business partners.
What We do
As an independent company Bahori works closely and proactively with our clients to achieve environmental compliance and strives to provide practical advice and solutions.
We provide and collaborate on a range of environmental services throughout the project life cycle:
- Exploration Phase
- Exploration services – GIS data management
- Baseline environmental input
- Acoustics and vibrations
- Air quality
- Biodiversity (aquatic & terrestrial)
- Ecosystem services
- Environmental geochemistry
- Ground and surface water
- Graves and cultural heritage
- Socio-economic surveys
- Soils, land use capability and erosion protection
- Traffic analysis
Construction and detailed design
- Environmental, social and monitoring support
- Operational readiness input
- Mine water dewatering and supply
- Mine waste and water management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Process facilitation
- Stakeholder consultation
- Environmental and social impact assessment and management plans
- Co-ordinating environmental and social specialists
- Process management
- Authority and stakeholder communication
- Licenses (air emissions/water use)
- Conceptual Mine Closure and Rehabilitation
- Development and implementation of environmental management systems
- Environmental monitoring
- Onsite environmental management and support
- Audits (compliance, performance and Equator principles)
- Closure liability assessment and update
“There’s no such thing as luck. Luck is where preparation meets opportunity.”
Bahori approaches its client relationships and projects with enthusiasm and a growth mindset. Adopting this mindset enables Bahori to; thrive during challenges, adapt to change and grow through application and project experience. The outcome adds value to clients’ and their projects. Bahori’s scientific and business management background enables co-operation with a range of organisations (energy, water, waste, mining, roads, rail, townships, tourism, agriculture, and waste water treatment projects) as well as with multidisciplinary project teams while navigating complex challenges.
Our specialities are:
- Managing, facilitating, and compiling documents for various continental African environmental authorisation processes.
- Client advisory/support services.
- Conceptual land access and resettlement planning.
- Coordinating specialist studies.
- Knowledge sharing.
- Management (project/relationship/operational).
Founding Member of Bahori Environmental Consulting
Our work experience
We have been in the environmental industry since 2000, and have provided services as Environmental Scientists with Gibb Engineering & Architecture, and have fulfilled various roles over the years as independent contractors for companies such as Prime Resources (Pty) Ltd, SGS Ghana and Umhlaba Environmental Consulting cc. As Associates, we have successfully carried out environmental applications in South Africa, the Republic of Congo, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Zimbabwe.
Serving as Environmental Assessment Practitioners at SLR Consulting from 2009 to 2014, we helped clients successfully undertake applications for environmental authorisation processes in South Africa and continental Africa.
These projects have taken us to South Africa, Ghana, DRC, Zambia, Rwanda, and Uganda. We’ve been able to add environmental value to clients’ multimillion rand contracts, and have advised these large, mid-tier mining companies (Anglo American Platinum (PLC), First Quantum Minerals Ltd, Metorex, Boynton and Impala Platinum) on the appropriate approach to each authorisation process.
These projects required the management of a diverse, multinational group of specialists to deliver the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) components of a bankable feasibility report on time and within budget.
Step inside our office
Previous Projects: Where we’ve gone and what we’ve done
Republic of Congo
Democratic Republic of Congo